Tennessee woman killed in Hardin Co. crash |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
ELIZABETHTOWN, KY (WAVE) – A Tennessee woman and her dog died in single-vehicle accident in Hardin County on Monday.
Kentucky State Police said Jamie Lorraine Stump, 27, of Greenbriar, TN was in the passing lane of northbound Interstate 65 at the 87 mile marker when for unknown reasons, she lost control of her vehicle, veered across the right lane of travel and struck a guardrail. Stump was pronounced dead at the scene by the Hardin County Coroner.
The accident happened around 6:02 p.m. on Monday.
KSP, Hardin County EMS and the Glendale Fire Department responded to the crash scene. Hardin County Animal Control assisted because of the death of Stump’s dog.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Hardin/Meade Counties Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mailbox Improvement Week arrives in time for spring cleaning
- Governor Beshear directs flags to half-staff in honor of victims of Oklahoma tornadoes
- Class offers the opportunity to experience the bourbons of the Trail in one afternoon
- Memorial Day events at Veterans cemeteries, nursing homes
- Plan for pets before a disaster