Screening dates set for Carrollton bus crash documentary | Events
ELIZABETHTOWN, KY (WAVE) – Screening dates have been announced for a new documentary that focuses on the Carrollton bus crash. The first date is May 14, which is the 25th anniversary of the deadliest drunk driving crash in U.S. history.
The May 14 screening of IMPACT: After the Crash in KY will be held at the State Theater in Elizabethtown. It is reserved for crash survivors, family members of those on the bus and other invited guests.
The second screening – a public screening – is scheduled for May 15 at 7 p.m. at the Hardin County Performing Arts Center. The showing is free to the public but tickets must be reserved for admission.
The film includes news footage of the crash and scenes filmed throughout Carroll County. Twenty-seven people were killed and dozens of others were injured in the crash after Larry Mahoney drove his pick-up truck the wrong way on Interstate 71 in Carrollton, KY and slammed into a church bus from Radcliff, KY.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hardin/Meade Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday light show brightens Christmas for family of murdered officer
- Six months, still no arrests in Officer Ellis murder
- KSP cramming cruisers with food this holiday season
- Bardstown pastor indicted, accused of making $80K worth of unauthorized purchases
- Bullitt County man charged with sex crimes involving child