Fire investigators work to determine what caused church fire | News
ELIZABETHTOWN, KY (WAVE) - Fire investigators are working to determine the cause of a fire at a small church in Hardin County.
We're told Kentucky State Police had to be called to the Franklin Crossroads United Christian Church on Hardinsburg Road.
The cause is still under investigations, but the New Enterprise is reporting that is may have been caused by a lightning strike.
Officials say the building is not currently being used for religious services.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Hardin/Meade Counties Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mailbox Improvement Week arrives in time for spring cleaning
- Governor Beshear directs flags to half-staff in honor of victims of Oklahoma tornadoes
- Class offers the opportunity to experience the bourbons of the Trail in one afternoon
- Memorial Day events at Veterans cemeteries, nursing homes
- Plan for pets before a disaster
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy